Tonight at 8:30pm is Eclectic Theater Company’s next Brown Bag Comedy Primetime Special! Tickets available at 206-679-3271 and at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/251330
The One Man Side Show
Louie’s One Man Side Show begins as a magic show, with Louie performing the first trick he invented when he was five year old… but with an amazing and unexpected twist. Then the show quickly changes to something totally different when Louie begins to demonstrate his other skills. Some of the highlights of the show are when the audience:
- Gasps in awe at Louie’s bullwhip artistry demonstration!
- Cheers on the guy in the back row as Louie teaches him to spin a lasso like a cowboy!
- Laughs hysterically as Louie wraps his head in duct tape to play a game of 20 questions!
- Oohs and Awes at incredible images that Louie can make with the shadows of his hands!
- Sits in amazement as Louie breaks a world record!
- Scratches their head in wonder as Louie’s brain works faster than a calculator!
- Claps uncontrolably at the unexpected and impossible end of the Cup Game!
- and much more!
After years of drumming in rock bands, Nigel Larson switched gears and began his stand-up career as an open “mic’er” in Upstate New York. There he gained notoriety in the Rochester Metromix paper, Insider, as one of the funniest and most active comics in the Western New York region. He was named one of the “top 5 funniest in Rochester under 30” in 2008 and then was on the cover as, “the face of Rochester comedy” in 2010. Feeling like his options were limited in Western New York, and not ready for a major market like NYC, Nigel chose the city of destiny: Tacoma Washington. He hit the ground running, spending the next year as the house M. C. of the Tacoma Comedy Underground and averaging ten performances a week around the Puget Sound area. After leaving the Under-ground to pursue comedy full time, Nigel found himself in high demand working all over the Pacific Northwest. In February of 2012 alone he filmed his first TV commercial, was a finalist in the Shades of Laughs Comedy Contest, and the runner-up in both the Renton Comedy Contest and the Olympic Peninsula Comedy Contest. Nigel is currently working on a speaking role in an independent feature, 50 Days for Quaid, to be filmed over the Summer of 2012.